Mechanical Assembly – Medical Device Prototyping
About Us We are a forward-thinking startup in the surgical device industry, dedicated to pioneering platform technologies that enhance safety, reduce costs, and optimize outcomes in minimally invasive surgery. As a leader in innovative solutions, we aim to revolutionize minimally invasive surgical procedures through advanced visualization devices.
Job Purpose We are seeking Mechanical Assembly Technician to play a pivotal role in the assembly, testing, and maintenance of mechanical components within prototyping department. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent dexterity and the ability to work with extremely small components and the use of magnification equipment.
Job Title: Mechanical Assembly – Medical Device Prototyping
Salary: Up to £32,000 DOE + Company Benefits
Location: Long Eaton
- Collaborate within a small team to follow assembly specifications and guidelines.
- Perform meticulous mechanical assembly, ensuring precision and quality.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge to ensure proper fit and function of assembled components.
- Assist in testing and verifying the functionality of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Contribute insights to R&D planning and process improvement.
- Collaborate with external suppliers for components and materials.
- Assist in debugging and addressing issues identified during testing.
- Work with management to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Substantial experience in mechanical assembly, ideally with exposure to medical devices or similarly complex systems.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools for assembly tasks.
- Solid understanding of mechanical components and systems.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and assembly instructions.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with quality control procedures and standards.
Please provide an up to date CV for consideration.