We are seeking ambitious and motivated individual to join a UK based investment company focused on sustainable agricultural projects across the globe. We are looking for someone to join our team in the UK office who can grow into the role of identifying, analysing and project managing buy-and-build long-term agricultural investments.
We are a UK-based investment company focused on the agricultural sector. We see a commercial opportunity in producing high value crops and commodities with a long-term
perspective, using innovative and sustainable practices. The global population is predicted to grow to almost 10 billion by 2050, which, together with rising living standards, will boost agricultural demand and increase pressure on natural resources such as fresh water and fertile soils. Our focus is on creating value through generating superior yields of high-quality products, while preserving our soils and making optimal use of water resources in favourable climates.
We have a buy-and-build strategy, growing commodity crops and permanent crops in different countries and climates. This requires a long-term perspective on the global market dynamics of each specific crop. At the same time, it requires a thorough understanding of the technical, agronomic aspects related to these crops such as soil, water and radiation. We perform in depth research and analyse the market and economic aspects as well as the technical agricultural aspects to support our investment decisions. When we do not have the knowledge in-house, we work with experts and first class research institutions such as Wageningen University and the University of California – Davis, to
assist us in better understanding the complex environment in which we operate. Our current projects include the sustainable development of a variety of crops, primarily walnuts, on 5,000 hectares in South America and the production of commodity crops (wheat, barley, corn, soya, sunflower, rapeseed) on 7,000 hectares in Eastern Europe. We continuously evaluate new opportunities.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to join our team in the UK office, located in the heart of the New Forest
in Hampshire, who can grow into the role of identifying, analysing and project managing these buy
and-build investments. The position is exposed to a broad array of tasks: from agronomic and market analysis to project management and setting up teams in foreign countries. You will be given
responsibility from day one and will directly contribute to day-to-day decision making.
Affinity with the agricultural sector, with a degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, Meng, MPhil or PhD) in agriculture, biology, plant sciences, forestry, natural sciences, soil sciences, geography, or other degrees related to the environmental sciences or food sector. Most importantly, you will be enthusiastic and keen to learn.
- Interest in building a long-term career in the agricultural sector.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Financial modelling (a background in this is not required, simply a willingness to learn).
- Able to operate autonomously with a broad variety of tasks and to structure a project. Tasks
- range from technical research (water, soils and plant varieties) and financial modelling, to
- market analysis and project management.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Willing to work in a UK office as part of a small and dynamic team.
- Previous work experience is not a requirement.
- Willingness to travel.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be at the heart of exciting sustainable agricultural projects: establishing
- and developing farms internationally
- Opportunities to learn and develop skills, both agricultural and financial, with resources
- available for professional training
- Extensive international travel opportunities
- UK office location in the beautiful New Forest in Hampshire
- Competitive Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 (depending upon experience)
- Employee benefits package to include private healthcare and pension contribution of 7%
- 25 days of holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
Please apply with an up to date CV for consideration.