Come and join a rapidly growing start-up developing mass photometry, a new technology for the analysis of biomolecules that measures the mass of single molecules with light. A great team, significant funding, and a truly global ambition position the company for rapid growth.
The software we are developing is a combination of instrument control (lasers, pointing systems, 3D positioners, and high specification video camera detection) and data analysis of the video images.
We are looking to recruit software developers and software engineers with experience in full-lifecycle development. The successful candidate will join an expanding software team of eight and will contribute to a wider multi-disciplined team of engineers and scientists who are developing a high-tech analytical instrument. They will work collaboratively, with a continuous desire to develop knowledge and skills. They strive for high-quality code, whilst balancing the pragmatism needed to work in this fast-paced environment.
Salary: Up to £55k + 25 days annual leave + private health insurance + benefits package
- Build and maintain high-quality applications to control Refeyn instrumentation and visualize data in real-time
- Develop algorithms to perform data processing on the captured images, and data analysis to calculate the mass of molecules from the recorded movies
- Ensure that the product is well tested and documented
- Strong experience in object-oriented programming ideally in Python
- Highly self-motivated and eager learner
- Excellent communication in Written / Oral English
- Scientific curiosity
- UI development with Qt
- Git version control
- Interfacing with cameras/scientific instrumentation