Group Financial Controller
- Liaise with the regional finance teams (UK+US+Taiwan) for all reporting requirements.
- Provide technical support and expertise to ensure suitable accounting policies and controls are embedded into routine processes.
- Ensure adequate systems and controls are in place to satisfy financial reporting requirements.
- Manage inter-company transactions and maintain a cashflow forecast on the Company’s bank accounts ensuring balances remain within agreed limits.
- Oversight of capital management and FX risk management.
- Ensure all relevant monthly and annual reporting is completed accurately and timely – this includes monthly consolidated management accounts, board reports, year-end reports etc
- Ensure the compilation of IFRS consolidation is done efficiently and meets required standards and deadlines.
- Oversight of the EMI Share Option Scheme, Statutory Accounts, R&D claims and Corporate Tax process, ensuring compliance.
- Manage auditors and other external relationships such as banks, outsourced tax accountants, insurers etc.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budgets and perform variance analysis.
- Prepare financial forecasts and build financial models.
- Support the CFO to identify opportunities to improve the operational performance and the ongoing monitoring of the global business.
- Manage the development and expansion of the group’s finance teams to ensure skills and knowledge are aligned with the needs of the group.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent with strong accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Several years’ experience in a similar role, with well-developed leadership skills.
- Thorough applied knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Experience working with a multinational UK+USA team essential.
- Applied understanding of R&D tax credits, both UK and US.
- Good understanding of business and financial issues, especially in the biotech market.
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability, with results driven approach to challenges.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- Life Assurance 4x Annual Salary
- Private Medical insurance and Cash Plan
- 25 days’ Annual Leave
- EMI-approved Option Scheme
- Enhanced employer’s Pension Contributions
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Access to amenities from the Cambridge Science Park
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks in the office
- Monthly celebratory cake treats
- Organised annual events for staff and their families.