Test & Development Engineer (Optical)
Our client really is working on cutting edge technology, and they are looking to democratize their technology – giving power to researchers across the globe.
This role will be focused on optical systems, and will enable the development, testing and validation of optical imaging systems.
Key responsibilities: Optical Test & Development Engineer
- Testing and optimisation of existing optical technologies
- Sourcing off-the-shelf optical components
- To develop test reports and design documentation
- Using in house fabrication capabilities and external vendors for development of custom designed parts.
- Providing design support to develop opto-mechanical and imaging systems.
About you: Optical Test & Development Engineer
- Degree level education in STEM subject
- Proven experience in the development of instrumentation (Optical Systems)
- Experience in testing, characterising and optimisation of optical systems.
We appreciate that perfect doesn’t exist, and as a result we are open minded when it comes to the successful candidate. If you happen to have experience in any of the following, that would be highly desirable.
- PhD / Post-Graduate experience in optical system development, specifically microscopy for life sciences applications
- Familiarity with mechanical design packages (CAD)
- Programming experience using Python
Please apply today for immediate consideration and further information.