We are working closely with this biotech company based in Cambridge looking for a synthetic biologist with great experience with DNA and gene assembly techniques.
You will be joining an energetic and enthusiastic team of researchers and scientist developing their enzymatic DNA synthesis technology.
Essentials: Synthetic Biologist
- PhD in a relevant Biological Science or Biochemistry with 3 years post-doc or industry experience
- Experience with molecular biological techniques especially involving gene cloning and assembly (e.g. PCA, BioBrick, Gibson, Golden State etc.)
- Experience designing DNA assembly and optimisation and in vitro DNA manipulation.
- Knowledge or experience with long gene fragments
- Knowledge or experience with programming software such as R, Python or Perl.
- Understanding or experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis would be advantages.
Package: Synthetic Biologist
- Life assurance 4x Annual Salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- EMI-approved option scheme
- Private medical insurance and Cash plan
- Enhanced Pension contributions
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate, so if you meet some of the criteria and the role sounds interesting, please reach out for a confidential conversation.