We are proud to be supporting a Biotechnology start-up based in Oxford looking to change the landscape of personalized medicine with their flagship novel technology. This is an incredible opportunity to make a substantial positive impact on healthcare.
We are assisting this organization with their search for a Statistical Geneticist, to drive forward the analysis & interpretation of next generation sequencing data. The successful candidate will support R&D projects and clinical studies through creating and establishing tools & methods to allow the analysis of DNA sequence data.
- Collaborate with the assay design team, creating novel methodologies and classifier algorithms.
- Generate novel algorithms & methods for the methylation analysis of treated DNA from NGS data.
- Help develop the code stack, in collaboration with the development team.
- Help develop machine learning research, finding links between DNA methylation and clinical outcome.
- Remain in tune with developing literature in the field of statistical analysis of methylation data – relaying these insights to the team.
You must have the following experience:
- PhD in statistical genetics, statistics, applied mathematics, or other relevant field.
- 2+ years working in statistical genetics.
- 1+ years working with genetic data.
- Experienced undertaking high-quality, independent research.
- Proficient in scientific programming (Python and/or R).
The ideal candidate would also have experience working in genomics/DNA sequencing, preferably in the oncology field.