Senior Scientist (Polymer Chemistry)
To design and conduct experiments in support of R&D, IP and Commercial team portfolio requirements aimed at commercialisation of technology to meet Li-ion customer driven specifications. The role involves design and development of polymer systems to produce porous carbon materials with tailored structures.
- Designs and conducts materials development experiments within portfolio projects supporting commercialisation of Nexeon products that meet customer requirements
- Ensures data is reliable and reproducible, analysing and interpreting results to make sound technical recommendations that enable, and accelerate, product development.
- Supports project team members to develop novel materials that meet customer needs
- Follows procedures and rigorously compiles electronic and hard copy records of experimental laboratory data
- Understands and exploits a range of analytical and electrochemical characterisation techniques to accelerate optimisation of new materials
- Provides written and oral reports to all levels within the company, and externally to customers when required
- Contributes to the generation of unique patentable ideas and concepts
- Collaborates to establish and execute project goals to meet customer targets and accelerate commercialisation of Nexeon products
- We appreciate that perfect doesn’t exist, and if you meet some but not all the below criteria, reach out for a confidential conversation.
- Higher degree in chemistry, applied science or other relevant scientific qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience of polymer design and synthesis for porous materials and/or energy storage applications
- Characterisation of porous materials and polymer systems
- Practical experience of thermal processing, polymer processing and working with gases
- Able convert ideas into focused experiments with a high level of scientific discipline, rigour and urgency
- Meticulous attention to detail especially relating to collecting, analysing and compiling data, preparing reports and maintaining records
- Ability to work within an agreed project programme on both individual tasks and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and technical reporting skills
- A sound approach to health, safety and environmental aspects in the laboratory
- Knowledge of synthetic methods relating to crosslinked polymer systems
- Good first degree and PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in polymer coating technologies