Senior Scientist (Molecular Biology)
CT19 are partnered with a Cambridge based start-up who have developed a technology that focuses on early detection of cancer. It’s a novel piece of technology which focuses on genetic panels, without the need for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
We are interested in speaking with experienced scientist to help us build and validate our product. This role will be primarily laboratory-based with a strong emphasis on IVD product development.
If you are an ambitious Research Scientist or Molecular Biologist and want to work for a company that offer market-leading salaries, a competitive benefits package (including share options scheme, 26 days holiday, private life insurance), unrivalled career progression / learning and development and the opportunity to work on ground-breaking technologies in cancer detection and therapeutics then please apply.
- Independent development and iterative experimentation to drive improvement of assays for clinical diagnostic testing
- Validation of novel assays and reagents for clinical diagnostic testing
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data and results, drawing out of conclusions and strategic recommendations
- Development and validation of QC assays for reagents
- Writing SOPs, reports and safety documentation
- Detailed data recording under ISO 13485 standard
- Leading projects, supervising and training junior members of the team
Desirable Knowledge / Experience
- Strong background in molecular biology (essential)
- Experience with assay optimisation and validation (essential)
- Experience in biotechnology method development (preferred)
- Familiar with IVD regulatory requirements (preferred)
- Diagnostic validation and verification trials (essential)
- Writing of SOPs & IFUs (preferred)
- Quality management systems (preferred)
- Reagent manufacturing & quality control (preferred)
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you with further information.