Senior Scientist – Material Development (Inorganic)
- Understand company business strategies/plans and develop advanced material technologies to meet company goals.
- Work in a team to design advanced Si-based anode materials for Li-ion battery applications including nanostructure design and synthetic approaches
- Prepare and execute experimental plans in material synthesis, characterization, and evaluations. Integrate results to understand relationships between material structure, property, and performance.
- Monitor emerging technologies in the field and incorporate new ideas to ensure the company’s leading position in Si-based anode materials.
- Provides technical supports for process development, manufacturing, quality, and commercial teams.
- Engage with customers to help their adoption of Nexeon battery material products.
- Contribute to the technology direction of Nexeon by participating in technical reviews of related project activities.
- Present key technical results to other teams and senior management.
- Collaborates with the IP department to assist in IP strategies, patent generation, and IP management.
- Ensures a high level of safety awareness, being an active voice for continuous improvement and supporting all safety driven improvement activities
• PhD in material sciences, physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other relevant scientific qualifications.
• >5 years of direct industrial experience in material product development focusing on inorganic material synthesis and characterization, ideally for battery anode materials or solid electrolyte batteries.
• Skills in setting up product specs, conducting product failure mode and effects analysis, and organizing product design review, verification, and validations.
• Hands-on ability in synthesis and characterization of inorganic materials. Skills in material structure design, synthetic approaches, control of crystal nucleation and growth, and characterization/correlation with mechanical, chemical, and electrochemical performances.
• Evidence of high impact journal publications or published patents in related fields.
• Experience in troubleshooting technical problems and responsibility for resolving product/process issues.
• Capable of designing structured experiments and analysis utilising statistical methodologies.
• Skills in troubleshooting of technical problems in material synthesis, characterization, and performance.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and technical reporting skills
• A sound approach to health, safety and environmental aspects in the laboratory
• Skills in leading a team and supervising junior scientists and technicians.
• Familiar with quality control systems and procedures for the accuracy and validity of testing data.
• Knowledge in electrochemistry and Li-ion battery, ideally related to Si-based anodes.
• A predominately (>70%) lab-based hands on, practical role where meticulous attention to detail is expected.
· This role will also have some additional responsibilities relating to either lab stewardship, QEMS support, Fire Marshall or First Aid.