Senior Mechanical Engineer
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join, pre–Series B funding.
They are a fast-growing and multidisciplinary team which is made up of incredibly talented people with a wide range of skillsets/backgrounds; biochemists, software engineers, hardware engineers etc…
This is a senior hire, and you will play a key role in enabling the design, prototyping, testing and optimisation of the main instrument and sub-systems.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Mechanical Engineer
- providing clever mechanical engineering designs in the development of electro-mechanical, opto-mechanical and fluidic sub-systems in the platform development team • developing engineering and design documentation and practices in our product data management system
- Taking ownership of development efforts at sub-system level with effective technical communication with other functions
- Sourcing of commercially off the shelf components and utilising both inhouse fabrication capacity and external vendors for custom designed parts
- Constructing, testing and improving those designs, by embracing sound experimental methods and hands-on approach in the laboratory and workshop
We don’t believe that the ‘perfect candidate’ exists, but if you have many of the following skills, it’s likely that you’ll be a good fit.
About You: Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Extensive experience in leading design of mechanisms involving electromechanical function in high tech application such as precision instrumentation in life science application.
- Demonstrate ability to lead full cycle development (design, prototyping, testing and validation) with strong documentation practices.
- First-hand knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly with knowledge of manufacturing baseline transfer.