Senior Enzymology & Protein Associate
CT19 have been working in partnership with this organisation for 18-months, and have successfully introduced a number of candidates to the business. It’s a relationship that we value, and a business we can talk confidently about.
- Partner with building a eukaryotic cell culture facility for production of proteins in insect and mammalian cells.
- Optimise enzyme formulations and enzymatic methods to achieve commercial levels of performance, stability, and robustness.
- Support the identifying, sourcing, or engineering of novel enzymes enabling improved assay performance, stability, robustness, or other desirable characteristics.
- Develop and document lab-scale processes for protein expression, purification, and QC to enable scaled manufacturing of high-quality enzymes.
- Develop and use activity-based and biophysical assays suitable for enzyme characterisation and QC.
- Produce new enzymes and enzyme mutants of sufficient quantity and quality to support internal development activities.
- Troubleshooting of complex development issues.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
About You: Senior Enzymology & Protein Associate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or similar discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in academic or industrial research in the fields of protein engineering, expression, and purification or enzymology.
- Familiarity with modern methods for enzyme mutagenesis, screening, expression/purification, characterization, and QC.
- Expertise with a variety of analytical tools used for enzyme characterization; including activity-based assays and current biophysical methods.
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate, and if you are interested in the role but are not sure if you meet all of the requirements, give us a call.