Scientist – Cell Biology
Currently looking for a Scientist to join the cell biology team with strong experience and understanding of stem cell biology. This is an exciting new position in a unique company with plenty of scope for growth and progression.
Essentials: Scientist – Cell biology
- Extensive experience with muscle and fat biology (stem cell biology, cell metabolism and development)
- Strong cell culture experience
- Experience with molecular biology techniques in particular PCR, qRT-PCR, Wester Blotting, Flow cytometry and imaging.
- Masters or PhD in Life Sciences or Biotechnology or relevant field with two plus years post-doc or industry level experience.
Desirable: Scientist – Cell biology
- Knowledge/experience with cell isolation protocols
- Understanding of 3D culture systems
- Experience with SOPs and risk assessments
- Application of Design of Experiments (DoE)
Key responsibilities: Scientist – Cell Biology
- Supporting the development and production of animal myoblasts and adipocytes from stem cells.
- Optimisation and characterisation of stem cell cultures
- Maintenance of primary stem cells in vitro
- Plan, design and execute R&D experiments
- Along with team, perform lab maintenance
- Share out-of-hour cell culture maintenance
- Adapt experimental protocols and generate SOPs
- Preparation of laboratory risk assessments
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and would love to speak with people who match some of the criteria above. This is a start-up company and being a team player is essential.
If you have a passion for science, especially the food industry, and want to try something new, then get in touch as this could be the right fit for you.