They are currently revolutionising the market already demonstrating the ability in error detection in the assembly processes and discarding oligonucleotides. They are now looking to integrate their chip technology into this project and are looking for an enthusiastic team player with great career opportunities/path.
Key responsibilities: Research Chemist
- Designing novel and complex processes required for the synthesis of DNA in a parallel fashion.
- Commercialize novel thermosensitive phosphonamidite reagents (developing the process chemistry and using prototype DNA synthesizer to test/validate the chemistry)
- Involved in their cutting-edge technology on a desktop DNA platform based on novel silicon array
Essential Experience: Research Chemist
- PhD in Synthetic Chemistry with industry experience (2 years plus) in optimising synthetic chemistry processes.
- Knowledge and experience with phosphoramidite chemistry would be beneficial
- Experience with process-development of complex organic molecules in an industrial position
- Knowledge of oligonucleotide, automation, DNA sequencing and flow would be beneficial.
- Deep understanding of reaction mechanisms and kinetics.
- Skilled on a range of analytical and purification methods including LC-MS, NMR, HPLC, and oligonucleotide/DNA analysis.
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and would love to speak with people who match some of the criteria above. This is a start-up company and being a team player is essential.