R&D Scientist – Organic Synthesis
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
This role has two main elements:
- Plan and execute research & development projects with a strong organic synthesis focus, and work on new product development.
- Assist in customer trials for product demonstration and technology transfer to drive the creation of new customer relationships.
- 3+ years industry experience outside of an academic environment working in the field of chemistry, materials, or coatings. Candidates with 6+ years of relevant industrial experience may be considered for a senior research role.
- Experience in working in synthetic organic chemistry preferably in the field of materials or polymers
- Knowledge of polymer science with an understanding of the relationship between chemical structure and physical properties.
- Fundamentals of mechanical testing of materials, thermal analysis, spectroscopy techniques.
- Designing tests, writing reports, interpreting data, presenting findings to internal and external contacts.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to conduct theoretical and experimental investigations.
- PC proficient with good MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, desire to learn and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Able to document work clearly, with good communication, writing and reporting skills.
- Experience in working with coatings (e.g., films, resins, or dispersions): formulation, application techniques (e.g., Drawdown bar, dip-coating, spray) and testing.
- Experience in working with customers and conducting product demonstration or manufacturing trials.
As with all of our team members, we expect our Research Scientist to uphold our three core company values to a high level of professionalism throughout their career with us:
- Loyalty (to our customers/partners).
- Integrity (in the science we do).
- Solutions-focused (we provide solutions to problems).
As a member of the team, our commitment to you is:
- A competitive salary and equity compensation package.
- Statutory pension scheme.
- Professional development support.
Salary: £32,000.00-£39,000.00 per year (flexible)