Protein Sciences Lead
We are assisting this organisation with their search for a Protein Sciences Lead. The successful candidate will design and execute protein engineering strategies toward the low cost and reproducible manufacture of required proteins.
- Promote the company’s protein expression, purification, characterisation and analysis capacity.
- Create high-throughput screening assays.
- Using high-throughput methodologies, source, evaluate and test potential growth factors.
- Assess available technologies for the supplementation and cost reduction of proteins in media.
- Lead & develop the protein science team.
You must have the following experience:
- Significant experience in the production, purification and analysis of proteins and their quality & bioactivity.
- Experienced with protein engineering including related analytical techniques and computational approached.
- Experienced with high-throughput screening, assay development and protein characterization.
- Strong background in molecular and cell biology techniques e.g. enzyme-based metabolism assays, cell-based activity assays, immunosorbent assays, protein quantification and protein refolding.
- Experience in refining methodologies to reduce cost base.
It would be beneficial if you had experience in cell culture, preferable with stem or primary cell types.