NGS Assay Development Scientist
We are assisting this organisation with their search for an NGS Assay Development Scientist to focus on optimising and implementing workflow processes both upstream and downstream of the core technology. You will have the ability to work alongside an incredibly skilled cross-functional team to develop a range of Research Use Only and clinical-grade sample & library preparation methods.
- Concentrating on the development and commercialisation of Next Generation Sequencing assays & clinical workflows
- Generating a variety of both targeted and whole-genome sequencing libraries
- Development & testing of assay reagents
- Collaborating with the wider R&D team on project planning & execution
- Supporting the realisation of a Quality Management System
- Identifying emerging assay technologies
You must have the following experience:
- Masters or PhD in a related field + industrial experience
- Specialist knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing assays
- Particularly whole-genome & targeted DNA and methylation sequencing
- Hands-on experience with reagent formulation
- Proficient in assay workflow design & optimisation
- Broad experience with a range of molecular biology methods
It would be beneficial if you have a successful track record of RUO or IVD product development or working knowledge of bioinformatics.