Graduate Bioprocessing Research Scientist
This will be working for a company that are rapidly expanding and can offer you initial training and long-term career development.
- Degree/Masters/PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field.
- Culturing mammalian cells and working under aseptic conditions.
- Operating bioreactors and other upstream/downstream bioprocess technologies.
- Experience of experimental design, execution, and data analysis.
- Working with stem cells or primary cell types.
- Experienced with writing standard protocols, basic reports, and risk assessments.
- Knowledge and skills to use standard laboratory equipment (e.g. cell counters, pH meters, nutrient analysers, osmometer).
The purpose of this role is primarily to perform scientific work to support the research, development and improvement of the company’s platform manufacturing processes. As Research Associate you will join the Bioprocessing team to support the following duties:
- Design and execute experiments related to bioprocess development.
- Set-up and operate bioreactor technology at the bench to pilot-scale (50 L), to enable efficient expansion and differentiation of stem cell cultures.
- Develop protocols that reduce the cost of production through the efficient use of culture media.
- Support/prepare accurate records of experiments employing an electronic lab journal.
- Select, follow, and adapt experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs.
- Analyse, summarise, record, and communicate experimental results.
- Participate regularly in group meetings and prepare and deliver presentations to project team and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that laboratory and workshop health, safety and quality procedures are followed.
- Support the preparation of laboratory risk assessments and maintenance of health and safety protocols.
- Shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the project and protocols.
Apply with an updated CV and we will contact you with information.