Enzymology & Protein Engineering Scientist
They are looking for a Protein Engineering/Enzymology Lead Scientist. They have recently raised substantial seed funding, in addition to securing some very impressive senior hires into the business – this is an opportunity not to be missed.
You’ll be involved in developing this novel and disruptive technology which will have a significant impact on personalised medicine and human health.
Working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team you will optimise and characterise enzymatic methods, develop & implement processes and tools to support enzyme manufacturing and identify or create new enzymes or enzyme mutants with improved properties.
You will collaborate highly effectively with the broader R&D team and senior staff on project requirements, planning, execution and reporting. It is expected that you will spend a substantial proportion of your time in the lab
Skills and Experience
- Post-doctoral experience in protein engineering, expression & purification or enzymology, ideally with some time spent in industry.
- Proven track record of identifying/creating new enzymatic activities and prototype processes required to manufacture and QC them, ideally in the field of molecular biology and DNA analysis.
- Familiarity with modern methods for enzyme mutagenesis, screening, expression/purification, characterisation and QC.
- Expertise with a variety of analytical tools used for enzyme characterisation including activity-based assays and current biophysical methods
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar discipline. Candidates without a PhD but with highly relevant experience should apply.
- Strong team-working skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate complex ideas and information to a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable high levels of self-motivation, ambition, transparency and integrity.
- Enjoy working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment where on-time delivery of results is a high priority.