Enzymology & Protein Engineering Associate
As an Enzymology & Protein Engineering Associate you will optimise and characterise enzymatic methods and develop processes and tools to assist with manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities: Enzymology & Protein Engineering Associate
- Optimise enzyme formulations and enzymatic methods to achieve commercial levels of performance, stability, and robustness.
- Use next-generation sequencing (NGS) data to measure the performance of enzymes and enzymatic processes.
- Produce new enzymes and enzyme mutants of sufficient quantity and quality to support internal development activities.
- Characterise enzymes and enzymatic methods using a variety of analytical tools to identify and control critical parameters.
About You: Enzymology & Protein Engineering Associate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or similar discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in academic or industrial research in the fields of protein engineering, expression, and purification or enzymology.
- Familiarity with modern methods for enzyme mutagenesis, screening, expression/purification, characterization, and QC.
- Expertise with a variety of analytical tools used for enzyme characterization; including activity-based assays and current biophysical methods
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate, and if this position sounds interesting, we would love to chat!