This company has an amazing culture which encourages collaboration and sharing of ideas and strategies, so everyone is involved in the development and growth of their technology and research. They have an unbelieve opportunity to join their dynamic and interdisciplinary team as a Biosensor Scientist with huge opportunity for career progression.
Responsibilities: Biosensor Scientist
- Building and designing the next generation sensor platform focusing on sensor specificity and stability
- Validating the sensor platform through experimentation
- Collaborating with the R&D team to troubleshoot complex roadblocks
- Support with product development
- Novel application research
Requirements: about you
- PhD or MSc in bioelectronics, biosensing, Biochemistry, Electrochemistry, or relevant field.
- Lab experience and proven knowledge of electrochemical sensing methods (e.g., potentiometry, amperometry, conductometry or similar)
- Experience with biosensors – building, testing, and characterising
- Familiarity with biosensor instrumentation including electrochemical cells and amplification circuits
- Component with Microsoft Office
Desirable qualifications: about you
- R&D of Organic Electrochemical Transistors (OECTs), Ion Selective Transistors (ISFETs) or similar experience
- Graphene or related thin film materials experience
- Previous experience with setting up and designing electrochemical cells and amplifier circuitry for biosensing experiments
- Cleanroom environment experience
- Familiar with data analysis and visualisation tools such as Python and R
- Experience with biological samples e.g., protein, DNA, aptamers
We don’t believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and would love to speak with people who match some of the criteria above. This is a growing company and being a team player is essential.