We are assisting this organisation with their search for a Bioinformatician. The successful candidate will work closely with bench scientists, assisting in the design of CRISPR experiments, analysing genomic and transcriptomic data, helping develop new bioinformatic pipelines.
- Development and implementation of computational biology tools to support gene editing R&D
- Analysis of public databases to identify candidate genes, helping inform experiments
- Using analytical and statistical methods, generate and test hypotheses on genomic data
- Collaborate with cell/molecular biologists, informing experimental design through performing computation analyses
- Balance development of new bioinformatic and NGS tools and algorithms with use of existing tools.
- PhD in Computation biology/Bioinformatics or related field or MSc with equivalent following experience
- 1+ years of industrial or post doctoral experience in CRISPR editing and cell line engineering
- Extensive experience in the analysis and interpretation of NGS, genomic or other omic data
- Experience programming/running complex analysis in R, MATLAB, Python or similar
Experience with machine learning approaches applied to genomic data or experience working in human disease would be considered a plus.