We are proud to be supporting a Biotechnology start-up based in Oxford looking to change the way we think about our food with their breakthrough technology. For those interested in sustainable technology and the transformation of the food industry, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
We are assisting this organisation with their search for an Automation Scientist. The successful candidate will have experience establishing and operating automation platforms – ideally in a related industry such as biotechnology/pharmaceuticals. They will aid the development of the company’s cell based high-throughput screening platform.
Salary: Competitive + 20% Bonus + Stock Options
- Be involved in the assembly, implementation and validation of new automation equipment.
- Optimise cell culture & cell based assay protocols on the automation platform.
- Develop sample barcode recognition for high throughput screening.
- Troubleshooting of High-throughput automated workflows.
- Assist in the integration of high-content imagers, incubators and a barcode reader on existing liquid handling systems.
- Write code for the integration of laboratory automation devices.
- Assist with the design, planning and execution of R&D experiments.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of a data-pipeline.
You must have the following experience:
- PhD or Masters in Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent discipline.
- 2 years’ experience in the establishment and operation of automation platforms in a relevant industry.
- Experienced in the development & optimisation of complex protocols on liquid handling workstations and related robotics.
- Familiar with high-throughput screening approaches utilising liquid handling robots.
- Experience applying data processing and statistical methods of large data sets.
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you with further information.