We are assisting this organisation with their search for an Automation Scientist. The successful candidate will have experience establishing and operating automation platforms – ideally in a related industry such as biotechnology/pharmaceuticals. They will aid the development of the company’s cell based high-throughput screening platform.
- Be involved in the assembly, implementation and validation of new automation equipment.
- Optimise cell culture & cell based assay protocols on the automation platform.
- Troubleshooting of High-throughput automated workflows.
- Write code for the integration of laboratory automation devices.
- Assist with the design, planning and execution of R&D experiments.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of a data-pipeline.
You must have the following experience:
- PhD or Masters in Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent discipline.
- 2 years’ experience in the establishment and operation of automation platforms in a relevant industry.
- Experienced in the development & optimisation of complex protocols on liquid handling workstations and related robotics.
- Familiar with high-throughput screening approaches utilising liquid handling robots.
- Experience applying data processing and statistical methods of large data sets.
It would be beneficial if you had experience in the development of high-throughput biology-based assays.