Associate Director, Operations
The Associate Director, Business operations is a senior role within the business, and will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation is following the appropriate processes to allow the team to move at pace. As a champion of operational excellence, it will be your responsibility to identify better ways of working, always focusing on continuous improvement activities.
This position comes with managerial responsibilities, with three direct reports.
Key Responsibilities: Associate Director, Business Operations
- Working with the Lab Manager to lead on managing the Oxford site’s health and safety systems and policies, ensuring the company is always fully compliant, systems work day-today, and aligned with the global organization.
- To work with the wider team to ensure legal, financial and purchasing processes align Globally, and work locally. Proactively identify blockers and efficiency improvements and work with the appropriate teams to implement.
- Support the Director, Operations in implementing new organizational and culture initiatives.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, support in organizing and prioritizing work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
About You: Associate Director, Business Operations
To be successful in this role, you will have a solutions-focused mindset with the ability to get things done. We are looking for someone with the initiative to go and make stuff happen, not await instruction from someone else.
- A strong influencer with excellent ability to present ideas and propose recommendations clearly and concisely
- Advanced organization skills, with strong attention to detail – the Executive Team can trust that the detail has been checked and any key implications/concerns have been flagged appropriately.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a generalist business operations role, managing processes and the day-to-day running of businesses.
- A good understanding of finance and legal processes and day-to-day management
If you are able to demonstrate examples of where you have successfully managed large projects, and OR UK company legislation, that would be advantageous.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent basic salary with private healthcare etc…
- 15% bonus & equity/options