Applications Scientist (Molecular Biology)
We are looking for an energetic Molecular Biology PhD (or similar) to join a cutting-edge instrumentation specialist based near Cambridge. Full product training will be provided so you become an expert in the field of microfluidics, scientific instrumentation, RNA based applications and single cell research. The company place a high premium on a keen willingness to learn in a fun, innovative and fast-paced environment.
This is a varied customer-facing role that will involve pre- and post-sales application support including customer support, workflow training, supporting instrument installations at customer sites globally, as well as participation at conferences, workshops and exhibitions.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Applications support
- Relationship and customer management skills, always delivering exceptional customer service
- Participation/presentations at conferences and customer workshops globally
- Training distributor and sales teams
- Creation of content for sales support and marketing including webinars, technical and application notes and other documents
- Running experiments to build applications
- Working with partners to build applications and writing up their data
- Potential for international travel
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Self-starting individual with drive and passion and excellent interpersonal skills
- Education to PhD level in Molecular Biology or similar
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and application issues
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft products including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent phone, email and presentation skills
- Excellent scientific, organisational, and multi-tasking skills
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you with further information.